by Lanita Sconce Smith, Daviess County Genealogical Society President
In 1882, Jackson Township boasted of having two towns in her township, situated five miles apart. While neither was very large, residents of both had high hopes of a great future.
Jackson Township had her first white settler in 1833. Robert J. Peniston was his name. He had first settled at Millport, but moved to this township which was bound on