by Joe Snyder
The third "Painted Church" we visited recently in the Schulenburg, Texas, area was at High Hill, a once small town that no longer exists. It is called Nativity of Mary, Blessed Virgin Catholic Church. It is breathtakingly beautiful – a classic gothic structure for the small German settlement. It was built in 1906 although the congregation’s first church was erected in 1869.
Lumber for the church was